Quaker Peanut Butter And Chocolate Granola Bars

If the video embedded above is not viewable, you can see it at these other fine video sharing sites: YouTube, Yahoo, Metacafe and Viddler.

As of today, 01/28/2009, Quaker Peanut Butter And Chocolate Granola Bars have NOT been placed on the FDA Recall List for the Salmonella Typhimurium contamination of Peanut Butter. For a complete list of recalled products please visit the FDA Website or you can follow the FDA Recalls on Twitter @FDArecalls.

While breakfast is still generally accepted as the most important meal of the day, the truth is that most Americans don’t take the time to actually eat it. One of the biggest breakfast replacements are granola bars such as the ones made by the Quaker Oats company. I mean hey… they make oatmeal… so why not a good breakfast substitute in the form of a granola bar?

As a connoisseur of mixing chocolate and peanut butter together, this was a huge disappointment to me. There never seemed to be a moment when I was able to get both the chocolate and peanut butter tastes to merge in my mouth for a truly satisfying flavor. The worst part of the experience was that the peanut butter tasted like a stale processed paste that someone had left out on a hot day in July down in Georgia. Yes… basically the devil came to the granola bar.

At a very reasonable 100 calories, this can be an enjoyable snack midday but this really can’t be a substitute for a meal. Now if only Quaker would do something about the taste.

Taste: Bleh X 2
    Box opening: No problem
    Bag rippage: The wrapper comes off very easily… its quite slutty in fact
    Bag slippage: N/A
    Sog factor: N/A
    Allergy alert: Contains Wheat, Milk, Peanut, and Soy ingredients.
    Cereal Wednesday Bowls:
    For more information about Quaker Peanut Butter And Chocolate Granola Bars please visit the Quaker Product Page.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

nyc-watchdog

Battle Creek, Michigan has me on their Most Wanted list because while I may be a mild mannered blogger by day... I'm the Cereal Avenger striking fear into the hearts of cheap ass cereal executives who have taken out the toys and joy at night!!!

Comments

1. Yeah I have a love hate relationship with these…they taste like sawdust but my mother used to get them for us by the bucket load (from Costco). There was always the superior Kudos Bar, you oughta review these:

Be careful with the peanut butter products :)

P.S. Love the button down, is it Bowser?

• NYC Watchdog says:

@ Bear– I’ve really come to the conclusion that peanut butter just was not meant to be in a granola bar in edible form.

Actually it’s just a bulldog club shirt… from like 1999.

2. My grandmother loves those granola bars so I have good people memories of them but you are correct that they taste awful.

I CANNOT believe you name dropped The Biggest Loser!!!!!! Corporate MONGER WHORES! hehehe

• NYC Watchdog says:

@ Poppy– I’m a huge name dropper for the corporate monger.

BTW, can you get me a Jell-O pudding snack? So rich, creamy and delicious at only 100 calories!!! Oh yummy!!! 😉

3. I love those granola bars – I think the tastes meld together very well.

Avitables last blog post..Crackling and crispy

• NYC Watchdog says:

@ Avitable– Obviously you got a better batch… maybe with peanut butter from Georgia.

If we don’t hear from you in three weeks we’ll send someone over to sniff for a dead body.

4. Have you seen this Dawg?

Do you think this is grocery shrink in marketeers terms?

• NYC Watchdog says:

@ Bear– Ya know, I did see something about it but didn’t think it was in the testing phase yet. This is similar to the new milk jugs they came out with that are basically square boxes. It cuts down on not just the amount of plastic used for the container, but it cuts down on shipping cost and leaves room for stacking as well.

Eventually I think most items we use will end up like Legos… totally rackable and stackable.

5. We have those bars in our vending machine sometimes. I’ll buy the Oatmeal Raisin ones — they’re not bad but not as good as a nice Oatmeal Raisin cookie.

delmers last blog post..Once a Wildcat

6. You know I wasn’t going to say anything……but January 28th was quite a few Wednesdays ago…..and I really miss you guys….Wednesdays aren’t the same without CW!

7. Are Quaker Chewy Granola Bars (peanut butter chocolate chip flavor) and/or Keebler Fudge Shop Peanut Butter Filled cookies okay to eat? Neither have been recalled specifically, but things seem to be getting pulled off the shelves each and every day. Should I keep these things or throw them out?

8. Isabelle Gonzales says:

Dark chocolate is my favorite kind of chocolate. Chocolates have some natural antioxidants too.~,”

9. Thomas Williams says:

i love to eat dark chocolate because it is very tasty and it is full of antioxidants too;~-

10. Freya Harris says:

my favorite is always Dark Chocolate, i do not like Milk Chocolate coz it is too sweet for my taste*;`